Adult Services Modernisation Strategy
28th January 2014
30 January, 2014 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Doncaster Council has launched an Adult Services Modernisation Strategy and is inviting you to tell us what you think. The strategy details how we think we can ensure that the social care system is modernised and fit for purpose in the future when greater demand will be placed on it from an ageing population.
This will be a significant challenge for the Council going forward as the Government continues to cut the amount of funding available to us to provide local services.
The consultation, which runs through December and January will provide an opportunity for your views to be considered when shaping the final plan.
It is important that you have an opportunity to contribute your views about this strategy.
As the changes begin to take place, there will be further opportunities to share your views as detailed redesign work commences in specific areas.
You can let us know what you think by attending and participating at listening events across Doncaster during December and January.
Events being held across Doncaster to give people the opportunity to have their say:
- Wednesday 18th December, 10.30am – 12.30pm at Thorne Library, The Vermuyden Centre, Fieldside, Thorne, DN8 4BQ
- Wednesday 8th January 1.00pm - 3.00pm at Conisbrough Library, Old Road, Conisbrough, DN12 3ND
- Thursday 9th January, 11.00am - 1.00pm at Askern Library, Station Road, Askern, DN6 0JA
- Thursday 23rd January 1.00pm -3.00pm, at Victoria Hall, 42 High Street, Hatfield, Doncaster DN7 6RS
- Thursday 30th January 1.00pm -3.00pm, at New Hall, Station Road, Bawtry, DN10 6PU
We look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Consultation closes 31st January 2014
You can also view the strategy and complete a survey online.