What are the Future Prospects for Co-operatives?
28th January 2014
Date: Friday 7th February 2014
Time: 2pm to 4.30pm
Place: Sheffield Town Hall: Reception Rooms
We want to stimulate discussion around what can co-ops offer for:
- Growing Economic Prospects across the Sheffield City Region,
- Creating New Job Opportunities for the SCR
- Contributing to the Social Renewal of the City Region “ We will also welcome feedback on what should be done to grow new opportunities through Co-operative ventures and initiatives and how the Local Enterprise Partnership can help this. The co-operative economy contributes £35.6 billion annually and has 13.5 million members. It has grown consistently throughout the worst economic crisis in living memory – 23% growth since 2008. But last year, the Co-op Bank fiascos made a huge dent in the co-operative reputation, values and public perceptions. This raises questions such as:
- Can this growth continue? ………… So, what are the future prospects?
- What do we want to achieve for Our City Region?
- How can the LEP and other City Region & National players support this?
JOIN US: FREE EVENT, PLACES ARE LIMITED SO PLEASE BOOK EARLY You will need to sign up by Friday 31st January.
TO CONFIRM YOUR PLACE at scci.org.uk Then go to events button