Explore the key issues and people in the Yorkshire & Humber voluntary sector. Connect with others in the voluntary, public and private sectors.
28th January 2014
Charities, the private sector and public agencies are frequently urged to work together. Businesses often need to make better links with their local community. The public sector often need to find partners for service delivery. This seminar will give you an expert guide around the voluntary sector in Yorkshire & Humber.
"Good summary of the voluntary sector and the issues and challenges it is facing at the moment"
- get information about the shape and size of the voluntary and community sector (VCS) in Yorkshire and Humber from a whole range of perspectives
- have an opportunity to review how you relate to your local community and voluntary sector
- gain an understanding of who’s who in the VCS and how it works
- hear from key players in the VCS
- Judy Robinson, Chief Executive at Involve Yorkshire & Humber, a unique social business which supports the region’s voluntary and community sector to create a strong society and fair communities
- Arwa Almari, Racial Justice Network Co-ordinator at the Racial Justice Network will talk about equalities with a focus on racial justice
- Mandy Wilson, a community consultant and activist currently working with a number of national and local programmes
- Neil Cleevely, Director of Policy and Communications at NAVCA, will talk us through voluntary sector infrastructure and what the future policy environment
- Emma Baylin, Development Officer: Health & Networks at Involve Yorkshire & Humber, will share her specialist knowledge of health and social care within the voluntary sector
"Excellent speakers today, really helps us to relate back to the communities that we are in and trying to support"
Who should attend?
- voluntary sector staff looking to gain a broader view of the sector and current issues
- new staff or trustees in voluntary organisations or charities
- existing staff taking on broader or more strategic roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility leads
- Local Authority and NHS commissioners interested in the capacity and potential of the VCS, and the needs of communities
- private sector organisations wanting to work more closely with charities
- anyone wanting to understand and relate better to the VCS in Yorkshire and Humber
- Involve Yorkshire & Humber member - £45.00
- other voluntary and community organisation - £55.00
- public sector - £65.00
- private sector - £75.00
Special introductory offer for voluntary & community organisations: join Involve Yorkshire & Humber for the first time and book your event place for just £87
Limited bursaries available – please enquire
Please complete and return this booking form by Monday 24 February 2014. Places limited.