Doncaster West Development Trust
Doncaster West Development Trust (DWDT) was established in 1993. We deliver community based projects and enterprises to help regenerate communities. We currently deliver the following services:
Our Financial Inclusion Team provides free money management advice and guidance to all Doncaster residents as part of the Success Doncaster programme. We offer a fully accessible service with advisors based throughout the borough to ensure individuals do not have to travel far to meet confidentially with a friendly and professional financial inclusion advisor.
We can help you with:
· Accessing bank & savings accounts;
· Personal & household budgeting;
· General money management advice;
· Debt counselling;
· Assistance to access bank and savings accounts;
· Guidance on affordable credit and insurance products.
Working with local businesses, schools and community organisation, we also provide free money management training. The training can be tailored to suit your organisation and client needs.
Substance Misuse: Employment, Education and Training Support Programme
We are working with The Depot in Mexborough to help people involved with substance misuse find employment. We deliver this by providing one to one and group support by helping individuals with their education and training needs.
The Terrace Training and Enterprise Centre
We offer a number of training sessions and support services including:
· Help with finding a job i.e. writing a CV, job search, interviews etc.
· Accessing a Key Worker as part of the South Yorkshire wide 'Progress Together' project
· Informal adult learning courses such as cookery, IT and customer service
· Accredited qualifications such as the CIEH Level 2 Awards in Food Safety and Health & Safety
As a UK online centre we also offer access to training in key skills. We run a different training programme each year, so please contact The Terrace for more details. Our annual training programme is available from September each year.
We run a not for profit recruitment agency working with local employers to source local people for temporary and permanent work placements.
We offer a number of consultancy services including:
· Business Planning
· Funding Strategies
· Service Development
We are also funded by Business Link to deliver social enterprise mentoring to clients across Yorkshire and The Humber.
For further details on any of these services, please ring us on 01709 866466.