Aspiration Doncaster Provider Workshop
25th September 2009
Want to play an integral role in Doncaster´s largest work and skills initiative?
Friday, 25th September 2009
The Ballroom, Mansion House, High Street
Doncaster, DN1 1BN
The Aspiration Doncaster project forms a key aspect of Doncaster´s Success Doncaster Programme - a Work, Skills and Enterprise Programme. The Programme is a borough wide initiative which aims to deliver tailored responses to the economic needs of the town´s businesses, communities and individuals.
We are holding a consultation event for potential providers of the key elements of the Aspiration Doncaster project. The purpose of these consultations is:
- To provide a briefing on the Success Doncaster Programme and existing contracts
- To provide a briefing on the Aspiration Doncaster project and the key contracts to be let
- To explain the tendering process and the proposed timeline for the forthcoming Aspiration Doncaster contracts.
The workshop will also provide the opportunity for prospective suppliers to provide feedback on the proposed contracts.
Aspiration Doncaster aims to improve the skills and long term employment prospects of those Doncaster residents furthest from the labour market. We require organisations with the relevant capacity and expertise to effectively deliver the following strands of this project:
- Pre-Entry Scheme (Intermediate Labour Market) - Provision of supported work opportunities in a neighbourhood setting, predominantly developing and delivering local infrastructure projects
- External Traineeships - Identification and delivery of one-year work placements in public, private and voluntary sector organisations, as the employer and support agency for project beneficiaries
- Wage Subsidies - Identification and delivery of one-year placements with wage subsidies attached, ensuring the stimulation of appropriate opportunities for local residents by creating work and training opportunities (It is envisaged that the external traineeships and wage subsidies will be let as a single contract).
Aspiration Doncaster will foster linkages with other projects and stakeholders within the Success Doncaster programme and with mainstream provision. Your involvement in this workshop and the development of tender documents may facilitate useful networking opportunities and contact with other influential organisations and partners.
If you want to find out more information about how to get involved in the project and the benefits it may offer your organisation, then come along and speak to one of our representatives.